Friday, March 30, 2007

Saturday, March 24


Drilled out the lug holes in the afternoon. Then I had diner with my sister and after diner, Doug and I headed to the basement to work on the drum. Doug helped me with the layout of the strainer and butt plate and exactly where the vent hole was to go. Everything went as smoothly as it can get when drilling with a hand drill, so a few "widening" of holes was required, naturally, to fit every thing. Doug also taught me how to cut the snare beds into a snare drum, but I left the actual cutting to him. Thanks Doug for all your help.


We also assembled the drum completely and Doug tuned it up so we could hear what it would sound like and to also make sure everything was in proper working order.
The actual picture was taken as I had already started to disassemble the drum, (if there are any drummers out there, you'll notice a tension rod is missing). But I thought I'd get the pic of the assembled drum in it's "mock up" phase before it was too late.

No comments: