Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Contest Drum


Yeah ... it's been a bit since I've posted. I've been working on a snare drum for a contest and it's been the spawn of Satan. Deadline is August 15th and I'm out of time to fix any errors. Tonight's error was I left 2 pencil lines on the paint to mark the center lines for the vinyl tribal design. Yeah ... totally forgot to wipe them off with the cleaner. I was posting some pictures on the contest site and it hit me that I forgot those stupid lines. Of course I put the clear coat on already, so they are there to stay. I really wanted to sell this drum, but don't think I can with the lines. It's dark outside so I really can't tell if they are that noticeable, I'll have to see what other people think when I show the drum to them. If they don't notice, then I won't feel so bad, but I know they are there ... dang it!!!!! Stupid Satan drum!


So, Brent you may be getting another gift drum from me. I might be able to break even if I sell it *crosses fingers*. I think it's going to be stain and clear for a few drums in hopes of making about $50 per drum. Paint and vinyl transfer aren't working for me this time around. We'll see after the contest how I feel about another paint and vinyl drum. Had a really sweet idea for the next one too.

2 comments:

brent said...

as much as i enjoy the free snare program, lets be real about this and strip it down, buy a new shell and transfer the hardware.

Stacy Disarrayed said...

oooh, maybe it's been named! "Satan Spawn"...has a nice ring to it!
I think it looks pretty sweet. Pencil lines...well I haven't looked yet, so I can't give my opinion on how much they effect it.
Question...could you clear coat OVER fabric?