Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jeff's Guitar

After completing my guitar Mr. Jeff Kamp asked if I could get an old project guitar of his up and running. This is the first project that started the instrument building endeavors. Thanks Jeff for planting that seed. I really wish I had the know-how at that time to paint it myself, but alas I didn't. I did try and Craig and Brent helped me out, but my skills were just too feeble at that time to finish it. Brent has reminded me that a Ed M. painted it for me. If I remember correctly the design was in Jeff's head and I help bring it out of there. I think it turned out well, a bit reminiscent of early/mid 90's design, but HEY, that's when we did this. So sue me ... I still like it though.

Here we are today. Gotta admit the guitar is in some bad shape. But, I'm not worried, it's been a project for what? ... 8 years? Longer? I honestly don't remember. I've got to purchase some missing parts, and replaces some damaged parts. First things first though, take her apart and put on a new coat of clear at Jeff's request.


Sorry Jeff, this may look a bit scary due to I brush on the clear, but it'll level out in the end. It'll be shiny once again (was it ever really shiny?).
I put the clear on at the same time I was clear coating the contest drum so I didn't have to go out of my way for this step. Hunting down some of the parts may be interesting, but honestly I haven't really looked, I've been busy with the drum. Once I get the body where I like it I'll start the parts hunt ... get the dogs ready! I'll be on the hunt soon.

3 comments:

brent said...

booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnggggg! lets see something to wow us.

Jeff Kamp said...

are you ever going to blog again?

brent said...

PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSE. POST SOMETHING. I NEED TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU. PPPPPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE. or don't.