Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ah ... A New Post

Yes ... I'm still alive for those of you who do check the blog still. The IT Nazi at work has made it so I cannot access my blog, I can't even post a comment on a blog. We can no longer have streaming audio or streaming video either, which is a shame becaue I highly enjoyed the AOL Sessions music. So, all we can do at work is ... well ... work. Boring!!!!

So, after working 9 hours a day on a computer. The last thing I want to do when I come home is get on a computer. But, I'll try more often to update you guys on my life's adventures.

Anyway, I have been working on Jeff's guitar the past few weeks and of course I've hit a few problems. Just once I'd like a normal project. In wet sanding some "patterns" have come through and they look like wood grain. Weird thing is that they aren't wood grain and they are smooth. Think of looking at an oak door ... but the "grain" portion is shiny and everything else is hazy from the wet sanding. Like I said ... weird. I decided to see if they would go away after a final buffing ... nope. If you turn the body and look at the reflection you can see them clearly. What are they? I wish I knew. Of course they don't show up in a picture, so I can't post them for you guys to see. I decided to keep on wet sanding to see if they would go away ... nope. Almost had a sand through, but lucky for me I caught it in time. So, off to the auto store this morning to purchase some activator and I put on another coat of clear. Hopefully this will take care of the problem and I can continue working on it tomorrow. This coat of clear went on very smooth, so I'm hoping that hardly any level wet sanding needs to take place and I can do my final buffing tomorrow afternoon.

Brent and I have been talking again about the stave shell building. But I made a deal with myself a long time ago to only have one project going at a time. The stave shell will have to wait until the guitar is finished. Shouldn't be too much longer Jeff.

Plus, I have to build the rig to make these shells anyway. I'm still in the development and research phase of that part. It could be a bit before I'm ready.

All I know about the stave shells is that Brent is dying to do a drop test on one of them to see how well the glue really holds.

Alright ... that's enough for now. The PlayStation is calling my name, the game of choice the past few months has been Final Fantasy 12. Although I wish it was just a tad warmer, I feel like riding the motorcycle today. Just a bit nippy today for that ... oh well.

1 comment:

brent said...

i really want to drop one off a roof. OHHH, WHAT ABOUT OUT OF A PLANE!!!