Sunday, July 22, 2007

Guitar is Finished!!!

Woohoo the guitar if finally finished. I took it over to Sam Ash and they played it for me to see how it sounded and to make sure the action was correct. Here's how that happened ... for some reason I never received a truss rod wrench to adjust the truss rod. So, I called Sam Ash to see if they sold them. Teresa said that she didn't have any to sell, but they have a bunch behind the counter and to bring in the neck and she'd hook me up with one. I did ... she did ... problem solved free of charge. Teresa then asked when the guitar would be finished due to she loved the color of the headstock. I told her that it would be finished tomorrow sometime (Sunday). She then asked if I could bring it by for her to see the finished product and of course I said "Hell Ya!" She played it a bit, then this other kid played the snot out of it, even dropped D'd it and play some dirty speed metal with it. That kid said he loved it and about 4 other customers wanted me to build them one. Not too shabby considering I don't even play the guitar, eh?

So ... Jeff will be the proud player of this beast for a while. I'd like someone to actually play it and let me know what needs adjusting (truss rod bow, action, pick-up heights, pole heights). I just set it up using some average numbers I found in some research (Fender, PRS, Gibson).

There are a few finish problems that need fixing, but I'll get to those sometime. It took me about 6 years to build it, why rush now? Enjoy the pictures ...





5 comments:

brent said...

that is wicked cool. really nice job. i can't wait to rock my 3 chords on it

Jeff Kamp said...

Awesome, can't wait to play it. I looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Lol, it's about time! It looks awesome-Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Great way to use your artistic talents. I love it. MOM

Craig said...

Dude... that's frickin' awesome! That color is bad ass!