Sunday, July 1, 2007

Guitar Neck

I started to finish the guitar neck this weekend. First, I did some level sanding on the guitar body, then added 2 more coats of clear. I'm guessing another 2 coats is all that I'll get out of the can, and I'll let it cure for a few weeks then level sand again and polish it up. (So ready for the body to be finished).

The neck, I put 2 coats of brushed on sand and sealer. I'll let that cure a few days and level sand that nice and smooth then start putting on the spray on satin nitro clear. The satin will be interesting, I've never worked with satin clear coat before.

Sorry, no picks of this activity, nothing really to show. I'll start with the pictures again once the body electronics start being put in. I can't wait for that stage. That means I need to start researching wiring diagrams for my 5 way switch and pick-ups. Let the swear fest begin!!

Jeff had me work on a logo for him and his guitar (check out his blog to see it). I stopped by the sign shop to talk with Ted about the cost to get a few cut out in vinyl. He wasn't there, so I'll have to give him a call on Monday, DOH! I'm going to guess the cost is going to be around $15 - $20, we'll see if my estimate is correct. I must say now I want to make some sort of logo for myself. I'm thinking of making a few drums to sell on eBay and it would be nice to incorporate some sort of logo in case I want to continue doing this as a small hobby business. I'm also going to put the new logo on the headstock of the guitar. Why not ... I have the time. I learned the hard way that nitro clear and vinyl don't mix, in fact the clear just won't stick. So, some other method of getting the logo on will be needed, I'll brain storm on that later I guess.

If anyone has any ideas for a logo for me, let me know ... right now I'm stuck. So far I have 25 fonts that I've downloaded and have no idea what to do. Just my last name? My initials? A symbol I haven't thought of yet? What defines me and my work ...

So, help me out here folks. Let the ideas start pouring in.

And ... go!!!!

No comments: