Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New Logos

Okay so I've decided on 2 of the logos out of the 12 or so I made. And here they are ...

#1


#2
I'm very partial to #2 due to it just has that bit more pop to it. Thank you to Stacy for suggesting the negative space idea. It will have to be perfected just a bit more, nothing very noticeable. Stacy suggested lengthening the "L" so the black part under the 'st' will show a bit more and perhaps pushing the arch of the 'L' to the left of the circle just a bit too.
Guitar update:
The body clear coat is finished. To be honest I almost don't have to do any level sanding. I now have to wait 2 weeks before I can buff/polish, but that won't be hard due to I'm going up to Elkhart this weekend and I'm clear coating the guitar neck next week. Can't wait to start assembling the electronics in the body. I'm guessing the neck will take me another week or 2 to finish the clear coat on that. Then I get to try my hand at leveling the frets. Then final assembly begins. Get ready Jeff!!! I want this thing thoroughly tested! Still don't know if I'm going to sell it or not. I'll have to keep you all posted on that decision.
Drum update:
I'm really considering making another drum to try and sell. This is in the hopes of starting a hobby business. I really don't know what else to call it. I would like to sell the drum and have it pay for the next one and possibly make some money on the side to help pay off some credit cards. I'll just have to make one and try to sell it and see what it goes for. I feel I have some talent in this field and that I could make some money over the years to possibly get myself out of credit card debt. The 'business' isn't going to be that grandiose by any stretch of the imagination, I'm hoping to sell about 5-6 a year. I'm in the process of pricing parts and seeing how to keep quality at a high standard but keep my cost low (every businesses nightmare and challenge). Wish me luck and I'll be seeking help from most of you out there. So be ready to be bombarded by questions, and to have a drum thrust into your hands for tuning, layout problems, and testing. I'm taking all base color idea now, so start submitting. Oh ... and Brent's drum, Bloodshot, is a one of a kind. I've decided already to retire that pattern. The only one that I'll make that pattern for again is Brent if he ever needed a replacement or a buddy for Bloodshot or if he'd like to try his hand at making his own Bloodshot clone.
I think the next drum is going to be gloss black with a mirror chrome pattern, and 3" tube lugs. How's that sound to everyone? Very classic clean look that I feel will sell fast. What is everyones opinion on that?

No comments: