Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tuesday, April 10

Today I wet sanded the drum to start the leveling process for the tribal sticker. It went really well, it only took me about 45 minutes. Started with 600 grit then moved to 800 grit. The center is very level and smooth and that was the goal, thus I'm very pleased. Some of the edges need fixed, but that's for a later time. Plus, I need to clear coat over the sticker, so most of the edges will kind of work themselves out.

I'll be placing the tribal sticker on this weekend and taking off the old tape and putting some new on. This will give me less clear coat to try and peel off in the end. Lesson learned with Brent's last drum project ... yikes.

I will get pictures up of the drum too, since after the sticker there will actually be something new to see. Right now, it's the same as the previous pictures except its hazy now after the wet sanding. Figured why waste the time getting pictures of that.

No comments: